|SWRA Membership Renewal Training
In October of 2008, the Suburban West membership overwhelming approved a change to the organization’s bylaws outlining a Membership Renewal Training requirement for all REALTOR® members of Suburban West REALTORS® Association. This decision came from numerous discussions with brokers and salespersons on ways the organization could raise the standard of professionalism amongst the members so that the Suburban West REALTOR® can provide a greater service to their clients while raising the overall image of the REALTOR®.
For the 2013-2014 cycle, the Association (with the approval of its Board of Directors) has developed the 2 ½-hour training class "Disclosures in Real Estate".
Facts about the Requirement:
- The Membership Renewal Training requirement is every two years beginning January 1, 2009. The current deadline for the 2013-2014 cycle is December 31, 2014.
- REALTOR® members of Suburban West must complete a prescribed class.
- There is no cost to attend the Membership Renewal Training class but registration is required.
- The class is offered primarily at Suburban West REALTORS® Association office in Malvern but also is scheduled for off-site locations throughout the area. There is NOT an online option for the class.
- The class is presented to new Suburban West REALTOR® members at New Member Orientation. If you’ve attended a New Member Orientation session since January 2013, you have completed the 2013-2014 requirement.
- Failure to complete the training by December 31, 2014 will result in the suspension of membership and subject to discontinued access to services (i.e. zipForms, DocuSign, electronic keypad service, RPR, use of the term REALTOR®, free attendance to Association seminars and events, the PAR legal hotline, use of Designations and much more) from Suburban West REALTORS® Association, Pennsylvania Association of REALTORS® and National Association of REALTORS®. On March 1, 2015, any membership still suspended will be automatically terminated.
Disclosures in Real Estate
Requirements for REALTOR® Membership Renewal in SWRA
Code of Ethics Training
Salesperson, Associate Broker, Broker License Renewal Requirements