|SWRA Membership Renewal Training
In October of 2008, the Suburban West membership overwhelming approved a change to the organization’s bylaws outlining a Membership Renewal Training requirement for all REALTOR® members of Suburban West REALTORS® Association. This decision came from numerous discussions with brokers and salespersons on ways the organization could raise the standard of professionalism amongst the members so that the Suburban West REALTOR® can provide a greater service to their clients while raising the overall image of the REALTOR®.
For the 2013-2014 cycle, the Association (with the approval of its Board of Directors) has developed the 2 ½-hour training class "Disclosures in Real Estate".
Facts about the Requirement
- The Membership Renewal Training requirement is every two years beginning January 1, 2009. The current deadline for the 2013-2014 cycle is December 31, 2014. **
- REALTOR® members of Suburban West must complete a prescribed class.
- There is no cost to attend the Membership Renewal Training class but registration is required.
- The class is offered primarily at Suburban West REALTORS® Association office in Malvern but also is scheduled for off-site locations throughout the area. There is NOT an online option for the class.
- The class is presented to new Suburban West REALTOR® members at New Member Orientation. If you’ve attended a New Member Orientation session since January 2013, you have completed the 2013-2014 requirement.
- Failure to complete the training by December 31, 2014 will result in a suspension of membership services (i.e. electronic keypad service, use of the term REALTOR®, free attendance to Association seminars and events, the PAR legal hotline, use of Designations and much more) from Suburban West REALTORS® Association, Pennsylvania Association of REALTORS® and National Association of REALTORS®. On March 1, 2015, any membership still suspended will be automatically terminated.
Disclosures in Real Estate
Requirements for REALTOR® Membership Renewal in SWRA
Code of Ethics Training
Salesperson, Associate Broker, Broker License Renewal Requirements
Complete Schedule of Seminars